Monday, September 24, 2007

The Move


OK. It's looking more and more like we really might be moving so I'll give out a bit more information. We have a buyer for our home, which I thought would never happen, and we had an inspector out to the house we are looking at on Saturday. Leslie has been watching this house for a year now and when the guy put it up for sale she said we should buy it and I laughed and told her she was crazy. See photo. The home was built in 1920, has two bedrooms, kitchen, living, ONE bath and is approximately 1100 sq. ft. Never one to deny anybody of a dream I told Leslie sure let's put our home up for sale and see what happens. We made an offer on the house contingent on ours selling. Let me reiterate that I never thought that at what we were asking and the way the market has been that we would find a buyer for our home. I was even told just recently that homes in our price range have been staying on the market for 18 months on average. Well we put our home on the market and 3 days later we had an offer for what we were asking. What!?! I was in Georgia when Leslie called to tell me she had sold the house. Fortunately by this time I had been up to the new(old) house and was able to catch the vision. I've always enjoyed watching episodes of this old house, now we'll get to find out if I enjoy living it. Hey any excuse to buy new tools sounds like a good time to me. The real interesting part will be the seven of use moving from 5 bedrooms and 4 baths to two bedrooms and 1 bath. It's a good thing we all like each other. It's not a done deal yet but we are getting pretty close. We're supposed to close on both properties on the 15th of October. It should be fun. Now I'll really have something to write about.

5 comments:

Amy Coontz said...

HOLY COW!!!
I guess we won't be staying at your house next summer!!

Matthew Urmston said...

Come on, there's always room. Besides we could use the extra help. Bring your hammers and tool belts.

Jaime said...

Oh my gosh! It is crazy but exciting all in one! That is going to be a lot of fun. We would love to take a trip, pitch a tent, and help out some time next summer!

Dean and Maryellen said...

I am excited for you. I will look forward to many pictures to see what you have been able to do. have fun.

Urmston Family said...

It's one thing to think about doing it, but you are actually doing this! Hopefully after a few months, you all still like each other. Brave...very brave. Way to go!