Monday, October 29, 2007

Moving Day or Week

Well there's no turning back now. The transaction is complete. We have moved all our stuff in and if you came to visit you wouldn't be able to tell what color the carpet is because you wouldn't be able to see it. I never really felt like we had a lot of stuff but moving out of the old house into this one proved me to be uninformed. We were just getting started when this picture was taken, hadn't even begun to move in all the boxes. We've had two Sundays in the house and we havn't yet adjusted to a single bathroom. Church starts at 9am and I think Kaitlin was in the shower at 6:30am to make sure she got hot water. I've just decided that showering isn't that important anymore. So here's how things finally shook out. The family that bought our house closed on a Monday, we closed on Tuesday evening an had until Thursday night to get all our stuff out. I figured it would be no problem but if the YM/YW hadn't have shown up Wednesday there is no way we could have pulled it off. They got all the really heavy stuff out of the old and into the new in less than an hour. So that just left a few more loads of boxes and stuff, oh, and three ton's of hay that had to be moved. Can I just say that I hate hauling hay, absolutely the worst activity I've been involved in. Leslie, Kaitlin, and I got up Saturday morning early to try to beat the rain. The wind was blowing about 60 miles and hour and it was all we could do to keep from getting blown off the stack. We got it stacked on the trailer, hauled down to the new place, and the last tarp went on as the rain started to fall. I had to apologies to the ladies. I had to lay on them pretty heavy when they started telling me how tired they were and needed a break. "We don't have time to be tired now!" I'd say and they'd both give a dirty look and I'd point at the impending storm that the 60 mile an hour winds were blowing our way and back to work they'd go. Good times! I think we've just about got things where they need to be now. Cooper, Wyatt, and Bronson are sharing a room, actually it's the laundry room but we managed to fit the bunk bed in, yes they all three sleep on one bunk bed. The bottom bed is a double. Kaitlin and Addison are sharing a queen in one room and Leslie and I took the other. It's going to be a long year while we get this other house built. Here's a shot of what the view out of our back window will be once we finish, so it will be worth it. BTW, I didn't think it would bug me but we've gone down to the house to pick up a few odds and end's and they have completely torn out the tile downstairs. It took me three days to get that stuff laid and a night of sleeping on the floor. They're putting in hardwood throughout the great room, it's gonna look really nice, we should have done that. Here's a shot of the moving vans. This is how you do it in horse country....

5 comments:

Jaime said...

I hate moving! I hope you are able to get settled in before winter. Keep the pictures coming I love seeing what going on. By the way I love the view. I wish we had mountains that close and had air that clean.

Dean and Maryellen said...

Congratualtions on your move. I never could understand why I kept certain things, especially when I was trying to move. The view is wonderful. will the new house have windows to look out that way?

Urmston Family said...

The move sounds like it went pretty good. Love the hay story. Tell everyone hi and see you at Thanksgiving. ~Jill

Urmston Family said...

:),

Nate

Jessica said...

WoW!! I envy you guys for doing IT. I just could not talk Erman into living in another small house. One bathroom is hard to do with all those kids. I would do it is a second!!